Wayne Dalton Garage Doors Blend Safety and Style
Modern styling and safety are the key elements going into the latest selection of Wayne Dalton Garage Doors. Making a design statement while emphasizing garage door safety is the mark of an industry leader. Wayne Dalton offers a comprehensive lineup from custom wooded doors to steel carriage house designs and designer fiberglass models.
In its annual Cost vs. Value study, Remodeling magazine reports homeowners recouping as much as 85% of their investment in a garage door upgrade – in some areas more than 100%. That’s one of the highest returns on investment reported.
Curb appeal is a significant factor in home ownership and the study, done in conjunction with the National Association of Realtors, indicates that an attractive garage door makes a statement. As one of the largest elements of a home, it plays a major role in creating a first impression. A well-crafted garage door adds a fresh look to any home’s remodeling project. Distinctive Wayne Dalton garage doors make a lasting impression.
Safety A Constant Consideration
The garage door is usually the largest, heaviest moving object in a home. Family members open and shut it more than a 1,000 times a year. Making that a smooth and safe process is designed into Wayne Dalton garage doors. Built-in garage door safety features include:
- Pinch-resistant designs that pushes fingers out of harm’s way should they accidentally get too close to door panel joints.
- Tamper resistant bottom brackets connected to the door’s springs which are under extreme tension. Reducing risks by preventing the loosening of brackets by an untrained professional.
- TorqueMaster® Counterbalance — TorqueMaster® Plus is Wayne Dalton’s exclusive counterbalance system that contains garage door springs inside a steel tube. High-torque springs contained in a metal tube not only look better than exposed springs, they are free of dirt and grime. And, should they break, they are not exposed.
- The TorqueMaster® includes an anti-drop safety system. If a spring breaks while the door is up, the anti-drop system stops it from falling.
Wayne Dalton Garage Doors Take On The Elements
Mother Nature often poses a safety threat. One that’s not uncommon in Madison WI and the surrounding rural areas. Homes and related structures can feel the force of high winds and pressure changes during an extreme weather event. Garage doors can be seriously damaged by the forces of the weather in any season.
Many Wayne Dalton garage doors feature wind load-rated reinforcements. Those with a Windsafe® logo comply with an assortment of approval agencies and those with an ImpactTM logo are certified as impact resistant. Impact resistant doors have been proven to stop a 9 lb. 2×4 board moving at 50 feet per second.
Many of the most popular Wayne Dalton garage doors can be upgraded to wind load status to add this important garage door safety feature.
Garage Door Safety Basics
Safety features alone can’t make a garage door perfectly safe. Consider these tips:
- Never place fingers between door sections during operation
- Learn how to use the garage door operator emergency release feature.
- Each month look at the door’s springs, cables, rollers and pulleys for signs of wear.
- Never attempt to remove, adjust or repair these parts or anything attached to them. They are under high tension and should only be adjusted by a garage door repair professional.
Testing Safety Features
Modern automatic garage door openers include safety features to keep anything from becoming trapped under a closing door. To be sure your door is working properly, complete these tests:
- PHOTO SAFETY EYE – Is designed specifically to protect children and are set 4 to 6 inches off of the floor. To check for proper function, slide a long-handled broom or another implement through the electronic beam as the door is closing. The door should stop immediately and reverse when the light beam is interrupted. If not, have the photo eye adjusted and/or repaired as needed.
- AUTO-REVERSE – Is designed to avoid serious injury or property damage. To test if yours is operating properly, lay a 2 x 4 board flat on the floor beneath the light beam so the door comes down on top of it. When the door touches the board (it shouldn’t take much pressure), it should automatically reverse direction. If it doesn’t reverse or hits the board heavily before reversing, repair or adjustment is needed.
If the opener is older than a 1993 model, consider replacing it with one with safety beams and auto-reverse as a standard feature.
Even if you don’t regularly have children in or near your garage, these tests will insure that you and your family aren’t at risk from a faulty garage door opener.
The trained professionals at Northland Door Systems can provide timely service for all garage doors and accessories. You benefit from the safety features of Wayne Dalton garage doors and take advantage of the area’s widest selection of garage doors and in-stock supplies.
Recent Blog Articles
- Haas Garage Doors Offer Customized Options
- Carriage Style Garage Doors In Demand for Garage Door Replacement
- Wayne Dalton Garage Doors Blend Safety and Style
- Garage Door Spring Replacement Requires Tools and Training
- The Overhead Door Brings Style and Performance to Garage Doors
- Proper Garage Door Opener Installation the Key to Smooth Operation, Longevity
- Selecting The Best Garage Doors For Your Home
- Garage Door Installation Needs Craftsmen More Than Ever